Home-Start Consortium Suffolk
The Consortium is composed of all the Home-Start Schemes in Suffolk. It began in April 2014 and is a registered charity. The core of Home-Start activities is support and empowerment of families in their own homes using volunteers, with appropriate liaison with statutory agencies. The Consortium also supports other activities for the benefit of children such as family groups and seeks to innovate to secure good outcomes in children’s lives.
Home-Start supports vulnerable families throughout Suffolk using volunteers and professionals to give children a good start in life.
To maintain and develop existing services while expanding geographically across Suffolk, harmonising practice across the Consortium as much as possible.
Suffolk County Council Grant
The Consortium benefits from a grant from Suffolk County Council, for which we are very grateful. The aims of this grant are:
- To provide an outreach service run by volunteers for families with children aged 0-11
- To support families through befriending and practical assistance
- To support families when exiting a professional intervention
- To support rural isolation
- To provide an independent, supportive and non-stigmatising service to families, working closely with partners and the community to support the families' stated objectives
- To meet the needs of both adults and children in a coordinated, effective way. This will be achieved through working closely with the CAF/TAC model and being part of a co-ordinated service.
The criteria for referral to the schemes are:-
- For families with at least 1 child under 12yrs of age residing at home
- Identification of support/befriending/signposting through the CAF
- Identification of support/befriending at the close of a professional intervention eg CIN/CAF/TAC
- Support families with low or problematic school attendance
- Support new families moving into the area
- Support women with post natal depression.
If you are familiar with Home-Start services you can go straight to a referral form by clicking here, or contact us on 01473 621104 to speak to our co-ordinators Alison or Natalie.