Becoming a volunteer is easy and so rewarding.
Home-Visiting volunteers are an essential part of the Home-Visiting service we offer to families within Suffolk.
To become a home visiting volunteer you should:
- Be a parent or have some parenting experience
- Be able to visit a family for 2-4 hours once a week
- Have a non-judgemental attitude
- Undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check (DBS) and provide 2 referees
- Complete the Preparation Training Course
Home-Start in Suffolk will:
- Match you with an appropriate family
- Pay all authorised expenses
- Provide accredited initial training and ongoing training opportunities
- Provide support and supervision from a dedicated Co-ordinator
Interested in volunteering?
We'd love to hear from you. The best way to start is by pressing the button below and filling in the short form.